coat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- n a thin layer covering something
a second coat of paint
- n growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
- v put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface
coat the cake with chocolate
- v cover or provide with a coat
- v form a coat over
Dirt had coated her face
News & Articles
- Kate Middleton Wears Dalmatian Print Coat, Christens Royal Princess Ship
Kate Middleton wore Hobbs' dalmatian print coat to the Princess Cruises ship naming ceremony at Ocean Terminal on June 13, 2013 in Southampton, England.
June 13, 2013 - US Weekly
- Medford man stuffs meat, fish into trench coat at Sudbury supermarket
A Medford man sporting a customized trench coat with extra pockets sewn on the inside, stuffed them with stolen meat and fresh fish at a Sudbury grocery store on Friday.
June 13, 2013 - Medford Transcript
- Blue Coat Positioned by Gartner in "Leaders" Quadrant of Secure Web Gateway Magic Quadrant
Blue Coat Systems, Inc., the market leader in business assurance technology, today announced it has been positioned in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway, 2013 ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Serena Williams in ESPN
You know, I absolutely love trench coats,Williams said. "Now I have a wonderful white coat I can wear on the court and also in New York for those rainy days. ...... It's ladylike and goes perfect with my personality. It's very light. It's...
- Quinton Rampage Jackson in Yahoo! Sports (blog)
Acting is kind of gay,Jackson said. "It makes you soft. You got all these people combing your hair and putting a coat over your shoulders when you're cold. I don't want a coat over my shoulders! I'm a tough-ass [individual]!"
- Nigella Lawson in Sydney Morning Herald
During a discussion on fur as fashion, Lawson said: "I feel going into a shop and buying a fur coat would be an act of weakness, but if I could go out into the woods and kill a bear myself, I would then wear it proudly as a trophy."