- v change from a liquid to a thickened or solid state
- v cause to change from a liquid to a solid or thickened state
- v turn into curds
- v coalesce or unite in a mass
- s thickened or coalesced in soft thick lumps (such as clogs or clots)
News & Articles
- Saying thanks for 35 years
Children clotted the East Main Street McDonald’s parking lot Saturday, under blue skies and bouncing balloons, while inside the store, diners took advantage of 35 cent hamburgers.
Oct. 27, 2013 - Montrose Daily Press
- Samir Sumaidaie in Gulf Times
The mother let off a deafening cry of anguish but the marines were smiling at each other as they were leaving,Sumaidaie said. "In the bedroom, Mohamed was found dead and laying in a clotted pool of his blood."
- Siegfried Sassoon in Devon 24
The writer, poet and WW1 veteran Siegfried Sassoon recalled the day in his war diary: "The dead are terrible and undignified carcasses, stiff and contorted......some side by side on their backs with bloody clotted fingers mingled as if they were...
- Pliny the Elder in Telegraph.co.uk
Pliny the Elder described it as the "colour of clotted blood" and wrote that "it brightens every garment, and shares with gold the glory of the triumph".