- n a person who is almost identical to another
- n a group of genetically identical cells or organisms derived from a single cell or individual by some kind of asexual reproduction
- n an unauthorized copy or imitation
- v make multiple identical copies of
people can clone a sheep nowadays
- The team that cloned the dogs was led by Hwang Woo-suk, who in 2005 successfully created the worlds first known dog clone, but was found the same year to have fabricated .
- A California company is planning a string of online auctions next month to clone five dogs, with the bidding to start at $100,000.
- Dogs are among the most difficult mammals to clone, scientists say, because their reproductive systems are highly atypical, but Mr.
- Matt Bartle in Forbes
I think stem cell research is extraordinarily promising and exciting and that we ought to move forward on it. But Missouri does not need to clone human embryos in order to become a leader in life sciences,said state Sen. Matt Bartle, a...
- Harry Reid in AFP
He's wrong on the (Iraq) war. He's wrong on the economy. He's a clone of (President) George Bush,Reid told ABC, while urging Democrats to "relax" and let the Obama-Clinton battle play out until the final primaries on June 3.
- Bernd Schuster in Sportinglife.com
This lad is very similar to Van Nistelrooy and Van Basten. He is a spitting image of them. It seems that they have made a clone in a laboratory,said Schuster of the Dutch international.