clocking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the time taken to traverse a measured course
it was a world record clocking
- v measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
News & Articles
- Basis Band Android app finally available, iOS version still absent (video)
If you've been sitting around not clocking up the miles with your Basis Band , we imagine it's because you were waiting for that long-delayed mobile app. Well, it might not be Q1 as promised , but it's finally time to lace up those sneakers. It's team Android that gets out of the blocks first, with the app debuting on the Google-flavored OS. Features include automatic sync, the ability to see ...
June 12, 2013 - Engadget
- Hunting cheetahs rely more on agility than speed
Denise ChowLiveScience Cheetahs may hold the distinction of being the fastest animals on land, but these elegant felines actually owe their hunting prowess to their ability to rapidly accelerate and maneuver around tight turns, a new study finds. A team of researchers monitored five wild cheetahs in northern Botswana and found that despite clocking top speeds of nearly 60 mph (97 km/h), cheetahs ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- World’s leading high performance jet oil reaches new heights
Air BP Lubricants’ Turbo Oil (BPTO) 2197 recently passed a milestone that very few products in commercial aviation can claim – clocking up its 250 millionth successful hour of on-wing service.
June 12, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Carl Nafzger in San Diego Union Tribune
Shug has been sort of clocking this race ever since this spring,Nafzger said. "And let's be honest, Shug doesn't clock a race that he's not tough in. I think Sightseeing is going to be a really formidable horse come Saturday."
- Dan Uggla in International Herald Tribune
If somebody's clocking it hard on our team or the other team, I'm checking to see what it was,Florida second baseman Dan Uggla said. "Doesn't happen a whole lot. We're still fans of all that kind of stuff."
- Chris Gayle in Stabroek News
He was regularly clocking 150kmp and that is something I haven't seen in a long time in the Test arena,Gayle wrote.