- v sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- v run at a moderately swift pace
- v attach with a clip
- v cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- v terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
- s cut or trimmed by clipping
a handsome man with a clipped moustache
a clipped poodle
- s (of speech) having quick short sounds
a clipped upper-class accent
- Donovan in Tribalfootball.com
Steve clipped a good ball down the line and the defender got caught in between and missed the ball,said LA Galaxy star Donovan. "From there I wanted to make sure my first touch was at the goal. As I looked up my first thought was to pass...
- Mike Ribeiro in ESPN
He actually tries to do it. It's not like he accidentally hit me,Ribeiro said, defending himself Sunday after not being around for postgame interviews. "He kind of was bent down, raised up and clipped me in the face."
- Tony Kanaan in USA Today
I was understeering into that corner the lap before,Kanaan said. "I went in, turned a little earlier and this time the tires were a little hotter and the car gripped. I clipped the inside wall and, unfortunately, hit the outside wall. It...