- a consisting of or causing a climax
a climactic development
- The climactic production is a garish hodgepodge in which Hamlet is run through a time machine to bring the characters back to life and give it a happy ending.
- Among them are an insane asylum under bombardment while the inmates applaud and a climactic vignette in which a very young concentration camp internee dies while a friendly soldier .
- But the big, climactic fight, complete with an epic snuffleupagus rampage, is decent action-movie fun.
News & Articles
- Utilizing The Saffir-Simpson Wind Scale, Let's Assess The Damage Done By Hurricane Nia
The National Climactic Data Center reported that extreme weather caused $110 billion worth of damage to the United States last year, but they've yet to assess the cost associated with the Northwest's recent Hurricane Nia. We should all brace ourselves for the worst. Nia swept through Portland during this season of "Real World," leaving much of [...]
June 13, 2013 - MTV
- Bill Nemitz: First the budget vote, then the other shoe drops
Attention, all Augusta watchers: With climactic votes looming this week on Maine’s proposed $6.3 billion biennial budget, I hereby declare a Flip-Flop Alert.
June 13, 2013 - Portland Press Herald
- Can Bruins possibly top what they have done so far?
As the Bruins roar into the Stanley Cup Finals, looking more and more like a runaway freight train on razor-sharp blades, many should be pardoned for wondering if what’s left to be done is somehow anti-climactic. In the end, a certain historical necessity insists the Cup will be the ultimate measure of this team. But no matter how this rich and moving saga does end, nothing can diminish all the ...
June 13, 2013 - Dorchester Reporter
- Tim Finchem in USA Today
We've got to have a climactic finish,Finchem said. "It's going to build to a finish."
- John Lloyd in This is London
Lloyd said: "I think the Tim factor is going to have a very positive effect on the rest of the team. It has given them extra incentive to get fired up if that was ever needed for a World Group game. It would be anti-climactic if Tim's last match was...
- RA Dickey in New York Daily News
Afterward, Dickey joked about facing Strasburg as a hitter, calling the experience "anti-climactic. Not that he's not good. He's very good, but I felt like the ball was going to be invisible."