- n a style in art reflecting Chinese influence; elaborately decorated and intricately patterned
- He built an ornate chinoiserie confection called Xinhuamen, or New Flowery Gate, that served as a reviewing stand for army parades.
- The 255 made-over rooms are a subtle mix of chinoiserie, tufted leather headboards, carpets with plum-blossom motifs, and techie gadgetry including high-speed wireless connections .
- One party pad that neighbors call the China house was decorated entirely in chinoiserie, complete with murals of Chinese women doing the washing and playing the erhu, a two .
News & Articles
- Blast From The Past: After JFK was assassinated, Jackie (who...
After JFK was assassinated, Jackie (who later acquired the O) moved to a 15th-floor unit at 1040 Fifth Avenue, which she decorated with red and gold drapes, chinoiserie, graphic-print tablecloths, chintz, and an easel for drawing. Of the home, designer...
Nov. 14, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Karl Lagerfeld in New Straits Times
I like 18th-century French Chinoiserie which was an idea of China painted by people who had never been to the Far East. That is amazing because there is real imagination here, making it spirited and light,explained Lagerfeld, who is similarly...