childproof : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make safe against children
childproof the apartment
- Keeping the lid down is like putting a childproof gate around your swimming pool.
- Smoke alarms, childproof lighters and the establishment of dedicated burn centers are among the WHO's prescriptions.
- There are also concerns about children's safety in prisons, which are often not adequately childproof, and about the availability of adequate medical care.
- James Jay in New York Times
Physical barriers in New York City really aren't very practical,said James Jay Carafano, a senior research fellow at the Heritage Foundation specializing in homeland security. "Trying to childproof America is a really dumb idea. The most...
- Keith Ashfield in Times and Transcript
I'm looking forward to the ribbon-cutting ceremony because Frank (Wilson, Fundy Trail Development Authority president) told me he had childproof scissors so the premier and I wouldn't injure each other,said Ashfield.
- George Friedman in USA Today
You don't have the resources to childproof the entire country,Friedman said.