chickenpox : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an acute contagious disease caused by herpes varicella zoster virus; causes a rash of vesicles on the face and body
- The Food and Drug Administration approved the long-awaited chickenpox vaccine today, just in time for the spring outbreak of the disease.
- A vaccine for chickenpox could be available by 1986 Measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, diphtheria, polio.
- That's why, for example, you can get chickenpox once but rarely twice.
News & Articles
- Illinois ranks top 10 in the nation for chickenpox
Illinois residents may itch and scratch more than people in other states. That's because it's one of the top 10 states in the nation for chickenpox cases.
June 15, 2013 - WREX-TV Rockford
- Dad had shingles, fears visitor at risk
Dear Dr. Roach: I have suffered with shingles for the past six months. My daughter, who lives a long distance from me, is coming for a visit. She's pregnant with her first child. I wonder if I should let her come because of my shingles. I know shingles is related to chickenpox, and I don't want her to be infected. It could harm her baby. What would you advise?
June 15, 2013 - Detroit News
- Georgia ranks 10th for social media admissions of chickenpox
Georgia recently ranked 10th in the nation for chickenpox per capita in a study of social media reports by web-based forecasting and tracking service Sickweather.com.
June 14, 2013 - Athens Banner-Herald
- Lleyton Hewitt in The Age
He had the chickenpox and had a few bad injuries which were tough to come back from,Hewitt said. "He can match it with the best players."
- Paul Ince in Football365.com
Ince said: "I will have a look at Carlos as he has been dying to get involved. He is getting there but needs minutes on the pitch. He is looking sharp in training and a game tomorrow will stand him in good stead. When he first came he had chickenpox...
- Juan Carlos Ferrero in Tennis-X.com
I found out yesterday I had the chickenpox,the 24-year-old Ferrero said. "Sometimes things happen and you can't do anything about it. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to playing here."