chicago : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n largest city in Illinois; a bustling Great Lakes port that extends 26 miles along the southwestern shoreline of Lake Michigan
- n a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card matching one in the layout wins all the chips on that card
News & Articles
- Chicago Blackhawks work through special teams struggles during Stanley Cup Final
CHICAGO — Heading into the Stanley Cup Final, the perception about Chicago’s special teams was its penalty kill was terrific and the power play couldn’t get much worse. Four games into this series, things might be changing.
June 22, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Chicago hotels record near-record occupancy
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago hotels continue to enjoy near-record occupancy, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel says it's a positive sign tourism is up in the nation's third-largest city.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Chicago goalie learns praise can be fleeting in playoffs
By Steve Keating CHICAGO (Reuters) - It has been a whirlwind few days for Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, drawing praise for his play in the Stanley Cup Final one day and the subject of criticism the next. Crawford was being mentioned as a candidate for the Conn Smythe Trophy given to the NHL playoffs' most valuable player and even tipped as the potential starting goalie for Canada at ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
One of the legacies I want to see coming out of Chicago from 2016 is a reminder that America at its best is open to the world and we are putting the full force of the White House and the State Department into making sure that not only is this a... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Telegraph.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/6253566/Barack-Obama-says-Chicago-can-make-the-world-proud-by-hosting-2016-Olympic-Games.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNENMSHJ7qW2D2wCnmlpoBEP_Ld_Bw Oct 2, 2009
17184 23901 chicago Moments later, Clinton said that she was fighting against misguided Republican policies when you were practicing law and representing your contributor : in his slum landlord business in inner city Chicago."
- Arlen Specter in Huffington Post (blog)
Well, Solicitor General Kagan, I think the commentaries in the media are accurate. We started off with a standard that you articulated at the University of Chicago Law School about substantive discussions,Specter said. "And they say we...