chasm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a deep opening in the earth's surface
- There seems to be a chasm between the erstwhile friends for they refuse to talk to each other after the split.
- The Minister has embarked upon her laudable mission of bridging the chasm between the rich and the poor with evangelical zeal.
- PCs, VCRs, GPS: each crossed the chasm as the price dropped and their utility became obvious.
News & Articles
- Dominican Stylists Train Black Stylists on the Coveted Dominican Blowout
Washington, DC (June 13, 2013) -- For years, there's been an unspoken chasm between Black and Dominican hair stylists when it comes to styling hair.
June 13, 2013 - BlackNews.com
- Why Ballpark Workers Might Strike Out
The chasm between rich and poor in America continues to widen as people who actually work for a living struggle and those who shift around money do very well, thanks. That reality is underscored by a labor dispute between San Francisco ballpark workers and the management, Michael Winship reports.
June 11, 2013 - consortiumnews.com
- Guinea's opposition may agree to election
CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) — After weeks of violent clashes, Guinea's ruling party and opposition succeeded in drafting a framework which might allow the country to move forward with much-delayed legislative elections, according to the international mediator brought in to help bridge the chasm between the two sides.
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Battle Creek Enquirer
Obama said, "To simply wish it away, to condemn it without understanding its roots, only serves to widen the chasm of misunderstanding that exists between the races."
- Kent Conrad in Forbes
This budget is plunging us toward a cliff that will take us right into a chasm of debt,Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, DN.D., said in an interview Sunday.
- Rick Wagoner in International Herald Tribune
Our industry ...... needs a bridge to span the financial chasm that has opened up before us,General Motors Corp. CEO Rick Wagoner told the Senate Banking Committee.