- n King of France from 1560 to 1574 whose reign was dominated by his mother Catherine de Medicis (1550-1574)
- n King of France who began his reign with most of northern France under English control; after the intervention of Jeanne d'Arc the French were able to defeat the English and end the Hundred Years' War (1403-1461)
- n as Charles II he was Holy Roman Emperor and as Charles I he was king of France (823-877)
- n King of England and Scotland and Ireland during the Restoration (1630-1685)
- n son of James I who was King of England and Scotland and Ireland; was deposed and executed by Oliver Cromwell (1600-1649)
- n the eldest son of Elizabeth II and heir to the English throne (born in 1948)
- n French physicist and author of Charles's law which anticipated Gay-Lussac's law (1746-1823)
- n king of the Franks and Holy Roman Emperor; conqueror of the Lombards and Saxons (742-814)
- n a river in eastern Massachusetts that empties into Boston Harbor and that separates Cambridge from Boston
News & Articles
- Charles River’s 2013 Client Conference Showcases End-to-End, Investment Management Solution
Charles River, an enterprise-wide, front- and middle-office investment management solutions provider, today announced that over 600 attendees from 18 countries participated in its 2013 Client Conference, held June 9 - 12 in Boston.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Charles' 30 points, 10 boards lead Sun past Fever
Tina Charles had 30 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Connecticut Sun to a 73-61 victory against the Indiana Fever on Wednesday night, handing the defending champions their fourth straight loss.
June 13, 2013 - FOX 5 New York
- Charles Schwab Launches New Campaign Celebrating the Spirit of Engagement
Charles Schwab has launched a new national marketing campaign with the theme, “Own Your Tomorrow™,” across print, TV, online and mobile media channels. New advertising begins appearing in major national outlets today and was introduced with a letter from founder and Chairman Charles R.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance