- n a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals)
- n a kindly and lenient attitude toward people
- n an activity or gift that benefits the public at large
- n pinnate-leaved European perennial having bright blue or white flowers
- n an institution set up to provide help to the needy
- After 18 months, she left the mayor's office to head up the Chicago office of a new charity that was forming: Public Allies, which helps place young people at nonprofits.
- A charity concert scheduled at Althorp on June 27 will also contribute.
- Since the spontaneous outpouring of charity and volunteering after the May earthquake in Sichuan, we have all wondered whether the event marked a new beginning for such grassroots .
News & Articles
- Charity game set for Saturday at Oakland
Today’s stars will meet yesterday’s stars on Saturday, as Riverside High School will play host to a charity throwback basketball game featuring the 2013 state-qualifying Riverside boys and the 1986 state-qualifying Oakland Yellowjackets.
June 14, 2013 - Shenandoah Valley News
- Beware of these cancer charity rip-offs
The worst charity in America operates from a metal warehouse behind a gas station in Holiday, Florida. Every year, Kids Wish Network raises millions of dollars in donations in the name of dying children and their families. Every year, it spends less than 3 cents on the dollar helping kids. Most of the rest gets diverted to […]
June 14, 2013 - CNN
- Charity horsemanship clinic to benefit Oklahoma horses
Bob Faath, a local horsemanship clinician, is hosting a charity horsemanship event June 16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Jupiter Equestrian Park.
June 13, 2013 - The Jupiter Courier
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Obama, in a statement, said that on Sept. 11, 2001, "Americans across our great country came together to stand with the families of the victims, to donate blood, to give to charity, and to say a prayer for our country. Let us renew that."
- Prince Harry in USA Today
The attendees, who shelled out big bucks for tables, "continue the finest traditions of American charity," the prince said. "Your great country has always protected the downtrodden, the poorest, those most in need of help in the world. To me...
- Prince William in MarketWatch (press release)
My mother Diana was present at your launch 15 years ago, and today I am incredibly proud to be able to continue her support for your fantastic charity, by becoming your royal patron,Prince William said. "Never being able to say the word...