- n a subdivision of a written work; usually numbered and titled
he read a chapter every night before falling asleep
- n any distinct period in history or in a person's life
the industrial revolution opened a new chapter in British history
the divorce was an ugly chapter in their relationship
- n a local branch of some fraternity or association
he joined the Atlanta chapter
- n an ecclesiastical assembly of the monks in a monastery or even of the canons of a church
- n a series of related events forming an episode
a chapter of disasters
- Today the chapter, reorganized under the Balanced Man Program, has rebounded.
- History often pauses in the midst of its twisted centuries of labor; tosses off a neat little chapter in a few years.
- The diocesan chapter had drawn its nominations from various sources, including a poll of 80,000 Catholics.
News & Articles
- Vietnam veterans of Manitowoc chapter visit monuments in Washington, D.C.
The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 731 of Manitowoc recently spent a memorable week visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. Videos to watch: Goslings around Manitowoc Two Rivers knitters make hats for Aurora newborns Wisconsin abortion law likely to send women to Minnesota 92-year-old blind woman learns to swim Kiel school board members tour Meeme Manitowoc Bandits ...
June 14, 2013 - Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
- AG’s FFA chapter elects new leaders
The Arroyo Grande chapter of Future Farmers of America elected new leaders for the 2013-14 year at Arroyo Grande High School, where the school’s agriculture program also recently unveiled a new facility.
June 14, 2013 - The Times Press Recorder
- Starved Rock ABATE chapter promotes freedom of the open road
The Starved Rock Chapter of ABATE of Illinois is part of a state-wide organization founded to preserve a safe, unrestricted motorcycling environment. With nearly 290 members, the Starved Rock club is the 12th-largest group in the state out of
June 14, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Larry King in Us Magazine
Citing a desire to spend more time with his family, King said "I'm looking forward to the future and what my next chapter will bring, but for now it's time to hang up my nightly suspenders."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
This has to be a point in time in which we begin to write a new chapter,Obama said during an Oval Office photo op with the Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. "The proof is not going to be in words -- it's going to be in deeds."
- Dana Perino in Houston Chronicle
The theme is similar to what he's said since election night about the fabulous new chapter President-elect Obama is about to start, and that he wishes him the very best,White House press secretary Dana Perino said today.