- n headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim
- On his tours last year he bought a silk skullcap in Tokyo and a proper chapeau at Christian Dior's in Paris; when he comes home to New York next month with his Finnish lid .
- Of The Avengers, a high-profile flop, he rues "some spark not there" with co-star Uma Thurman and curses an inapt chapeau: "I looked crap in that bowler hat.
- Known for her trademark chapeau and raspy-voiced exhortations, Abzug kept House debate lively by introducing a gay-rights bill, calling for Richard Nixon's impeachment and helping .
News & Articles
- The last straw
Have you bought your summer chapeau yet morsels? I’m only nagging because I care — the sun is just nature’s IOU for wrinkles. Word to the wise: when hat hunting, think broad brims — enough to shade your entire body, with room for a few close friends. I still mourn the loss of my favorite summer straw, a pink sombrero with a brim so hefty I used it to hold a few essentials: sunscreen, lip balm ...
June 9, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Aretha Franklin in DetNews.com
I am considering it,Franklin said in a statement. "It would be hard to part with my chapeau since it was such a crowning moment in history. I would like to smile every time I look back at it and remember what a great moment it was in...
- Andy Schleck in Cycling Weekly
I think we were more or less all in the same situation,added Schleck. "A big respect to the favourites that they did not want to take advantage of the situation. Chapeau. I was stuck on the ground for a long time. I had no bike, my bike...
- Levi Leipheimer in The Epoch Times
Radio Shack rider Levi Leipheimer said simply, "Chapeau [hat's off] to Chavanel; he was strong, he deserves it."