- n (Judaism) an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem in 165 BC
News & Articles
- Chef Gilligan's Hanukkah doughnuts
This Saturday, the 12th is the first day of Hanukkah or Chanukah, I don’t really know why there are two different spellings of this holiday and the only reason I can think of is that you can get rid of the 2 K’s in the first version when you are playing scrabble!
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Samantha Ronson in News24
Posting on her MySpace page on Monday, Samantha wrote: "Happy Chanukah! Thanks for all your messages, I'm home and all good. I was just pretty exhausted from travelling and working too much to buy Chanukah gifts and my Jewish mother was worried...
- Rabbi Shmuel in Earthtimes (press release)
The lighting of the World's Largest Chanukah Menorah takes on a special meaning this year,said Rabbi Shmuel M. Butman , Director of the Lubavitch Youth Organization, who will light the Menorah together with special dignitaries, "as it...
- Shimon Peres in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
I came to wish you all a happy Chanukah holiday on behalf of all of the people of Israel, and to thank you,Peres said. "You stand today on the front lines for Israel, and your steadfastness is our strength."