- n official routes of communication
you have to go through channels
- n a path over which electrical signals can pass
- n a passage for water (or other fluids) to flow through
the fields were crossed with irrigation channels
gutters carried off the rainwater into a series of channels under the street
- n a long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record)
- n a deep and relatively narrow body of water (as in a river or a harbor or a strait linking two larger bodies) that allows the best passage for vessels
- n (often plural) a means of communication or access
it must go through official channels
- n a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance
- n a television station and its programs
surfing through the channels
they offer more than one hundred channels
- n a way of selling a company's product either directly or via distributors
possible distribution channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores
- v transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
- v direct the flow of
- v send from one person or place to another
- To make sure there is room enough for everybody, FCC is also assigning 70 new ultra high frequency channels to television.
- Private channels debut in France, but the reception is mixed.
News & Articles
- Obama: US follows legal channels on Snowden, working with other nations to ensure rule of law
WASHINGTON (AP) — Obama: US follows legal channels on Snowden, working with other nations to ensure rule of law.
June 24, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Obama says following legal channels on Snowden case
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday that his government is following all legal channels in the case of former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden charged with disclosing secret U.S. surveillance programs, and said he is working with other countries to ensure the rule of law is observed. Obama made his comments to reporters in answer to a question about whether he ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Channels of Blessings to perform at Orion center
TOPSHAM — Channels of Blessings, a contemporary/pop gospel group, will play on Saturday, June 22, at 7 p.m. at the Orion Performing Arts Center, 50 Republic Ave. The concert of lively and spiritual music with a message is presented by the Brunswick 7th-day Adventist Church. read more
June 21, 2013 - The Times Record
- Michael Hayden in Daily Times
Fears of reprisals: Hayden, in a letter to employees obtained by CNN television, said of the tapes that "beyond their lack of intelligence value - as the interrogation sessions had already been exhaustively detailed in written channels - and the...
- Robert Gates in Xinhua
Gates voiced concerns that the department has grown lax in following rules and procedures for engagement with the media, saying there are "far too many people talking to the media outside of channels."
- Ali Larijani in Bloomberg
Definitely our priority would not be trial,Larijani told Channel Four News. "Our priority is to solve the problem through diplomatic channels. We are not interested in having this issue get further complicated."