cessation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a stopping
a cessation of the thunder
- That could lead to improved and individualized smoking-cessation drugs and programs, which are currently successful only 25% of the time.
- But the word literally means a temporary cessation of breathing and it is practiced (on purpose) around the world by an international community of extreme athletes a .
- They painted the word ceasefire as defeatist and short-sighted, and they coined their own term of art, "cessation of violence," to mean a future without an armed Hizballah .
News & Articles
- SLM-AW distances itself from SRF proposal for cessation of hostilities
The Sudan Liberation Movement led by Abdel Wahid Al-Nur distanced itself from an offer by the coalition of rebel groups, Sudanese Revolutionary Front to sign a humanitarian cessation of hostilities with Khartoum.
June 23, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Congo delays end to Rwandan refugee status
GOMA, Congo (AP) — The government of Congo says it will not immediately apply a cessation clause ending refugee status for more than 120,000 Rwandans who fled to Congo after the 1994 Rwandan genocide, and are still there.
June 23, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Congo's government will not end Rwandan refugees' status immediately
GOMA, Congo — The government of Congo says it will not immediately apply a cessation clause ending refugee status for more than 120,000 Rwandans who fled to Congo after that country's 1994 Rwandan genocide, and are still there.
June 23, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Saeb Erekat in USA Today
We had hoped that the Israeli announcement would be matched by total cessation of hostilities and the immediate withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza,said Saeb Erekat, a top aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Hamas' bitter rival...
- Mark Regev in USA Today
There is momentum in these discussions,Regev told the Associated Press Television News. "We are hopeful that a deal will be based on a total cessation of Hamas fire into Israel and an arms embargo to prevent Hamas from rearming is close...
- Gordon Brown in AFP
Brown added: "We recognise that the cessation of rocket attacks and the control of arms trafficking are vital to the security of the people of Israel and Israel has the right to be secure within its own borders."