- s definite but not specified or identified
set aside a certain sum each week
to a certain degree
certain breeds do not make good pets
certain members have not paid their dues
a certain popular teacher
a certain Mrs. Jones
- a having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured
felt certain of success
was sure (or certain) she had seen it
- a established beyond doubt or question; definitely known
what is certain is that every effect must have a cause
it is certain that they were on the bus
his fate is certain
the date for the invasion is certain
- a certain to occur; destined or inevitable
he was certain to fail
his fate is certain
In this life nothing is certain but death and taxes"- Benjamin Franklin
he faced certain death
- a established irrevocably
- s reliable in operation or effect
a quick and certain remedy
- s exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance
be certain to disconnect the iron when you are through
- Wolfowitz explained that "I am reasonably certain that (the Iraqi people) will greet us as liberators, and that will help us to keep requirements down.
- How can I find all the articles written by a certain author? The best way to find all the articles by a certain author is to conduct a search.
- The military is also given certain supervisory powers over the democratically elected leader.
- David Petraeus in Christian Science Monitor
I do believe that there will be certain assets that ...... we'll be able to recommend can be either redeployed or not deployed to the theater in the fall,General Petraeus, now the senior four-star general in Iraq, told the Senate Armed...
- Barack Obama in New York Times
What I want to do,Mr. Obama said, "is gather all the facts about any staff contacts that I might - may have - that may have taken place between the transition office and the governor's office." "But what I'm absolutely certain about...
- Daniel Day-Lewis in Reuters Canada
I am absolutely certain he would have done many wonderful things in his life,Day-Lewis said.