ceo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm; reports to a board of directors; may appoint other managers (including a president)
- Rupert Murdoch (ceo News Corp) 22778: 84: Ali al-Naimi (Saudi oil minister) 32299: 85: Indra Nooyi (ceo Pepsico) IN 42699.
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
The CEO of Caterpillar said that if this American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan is passed, his company would be able to rehire some of the employees they've been forced to lay off,Obama said in a statement, referring to Jim Owens, chief...
- Steve Jobs in Wireless Week
Calling the iPhone 4 "the most successful product launch in Apple's history,Apple CEO Steve Jobs admitted that the company was struggling to meet demand for the device. Even so, we apologize to those customers who were turned away because we did not...
- Henry Waxman in The Associated Press
When you became CEO of BP, you promised to focus like a laser on safe and reliable operations,Waxman said. "We wanted to know what you had done to keep this promise." "We could find no evidence that you paid any attention to the...