- a belonging or relating to a censor or a censor's functions
- One unsettling feature of the current censorial vigilantism is its signs of ugly inflammation.
- The resurgence of a populist censorial spirit has, in a sense, sneaked up on the nation.
- She despatched them by express, over which the Post Office Department has no censorial jurisdiction.
- Elena Kagan in Media Matters for America
Kagan argued that the RAV decision was based on St. Paul's "illegitimate, censorial motives" in passing the law -- not on the ways in which the law might have impermissibly "skewed" public debate.
- Thomas Jefferson in TCS Daily
Outraged, Jefferson denounced such charges as attempts to suppress freedom of speech and publication, and Madison "reminded Congress that in a republican system 'the censorial power is in the people over the government, and not in the government...