cellulosic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a plastic made from cellulose (or a derivative of cellulose)
- That state aid will help defray high initial costs, and make cellulosic more competitive with oil.
- Undeterred, researchers at several cellulosic-ethanol plants are developing innovative enzyme concoctions and heating methods to make the process more economic.
- The draft conclusions announced by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator Lisa Jackson were that cellulosic ethanol and other next-generation renewables will .
News & Articles
- Commercial cellulosic ethanol near
Within the next year, the ethanol industry likely will see some of the first ethanol made from cellulosic material on a commercial scale.
June 13, 2013 - Iowa Farmer
- New process under study
GALVA — While other biofuel producers work with cornstalks or switchgrass to make cellulosic ethanol, the people at Quad County Corn Processors are working to pull cellulosic ethanol out of the corn k
June 13, 2013 - Iowa Farmer
- Turning Plant Matter into Fuel
A University of California, Riverside professor in the Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department edited a recently published book that provides in-depth information on aqueous processing of cellulosic biomass, which includes wood, grasses, and agricultural and forestry residues, for conversion into fuels.
June 12, 2013 - UC Riverside
- Ed Rendell in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
We could be to cellulosic ethanol what Iowa is to corn-based ethanol,said Rendell, noting the economic boost Iowa gets from producing ethanol the conventional way.
- Samuel Bodman in ForexTV.com
Ultimately, success in producing inexpensive cellulosic ethanol could be the key to eliminating our nation's addiction to oil,Bodman said in a statement. "By relying on American ingenuity and on American farmers for fuel, we will enhance...
- RenÃ© LÃ©vesque in Boston Globe (registration)
Rising food costs recently resulted in a pushback against renewable fuels. However, cellulosic ethanol from sources like switchgrass and sorghum are non-competitive with food sources for animals and humans and remove cellulosic ethanol from this... David Fleischaker http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fleischaker&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHqgdLzAuwoqC7E9skrHlHneD1s7g SunHerald.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sunherald.com/447/story/511966.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGg8SeR2taDGd--BLRFZ92o8ha1jA Apr 24, 2008
16108 22366 celosia Some people say it's tedious, but I find it relaxing and somewhat artistic," says Tom Levesque, a packing coordinator. "I like the look and feel of all of the different seeds, they're all so beautiful. Beets are dusty and prickly. Celosia...