catchy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having concealed difficulty
a catchy question
- s likely to attract attention
a catchy title for a movie
- Gimme! that anchors the massively catchy first single, Hung Up, to the buried bars of Like a Prayer that pop up for a few seconds--float by like glittery party favors.
- The tune's got an insanely catchy Soulja BoyUnk thing going on, but at the end of the day, Andy Milonakis is still a pudgy white dude sippin' on punch at a brunch.
- The next, Nevermind, released 2 12 years ago, contained a series of crunching, screaming songs that also had catchy melodies, part punk, part Beatles.
News & Articles
- AFROMAN: Read his thoughts then see him rap
Everybody get ready, Afroman is coming to the Newport and he promises a show like no other. Entertaining, funny, smart and especially catchy, Afroman is about to rock Ohio State in a show that will not be soon forgotten.
June 23, 2013 - The Lantern
- The Most Jaw-Dropping Scenes In Miley Cyrus' Racy New Music Video
It's a catchy tune and we actually kind of like it, but the Diane Martel-directed, 3-minute video is a pretty big departure for Cyrus, a former Disney star.
June 20, 2013 - Business Insider
- Facebook Trounces Twitter With Instagram Video
Twitter may have been first with a catchy video app, but Facebook--via Instagram--has the far superior product. Often in technology, advances are a tit-for-tat business. Twitter got a big jump over Facebook with Vine and its 6-second video loops. After its first week on Android, Vine topped Instagram as the top social app on Google Play. But with the new video service that Instagram launched ...
June 20, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Rihanna in Washington Post
It has to be very melodic and catchy,Rihanna told the AP. "You know, songs that people want to sing along too while they're driving in the car. They just wanna turn it up, they just wanna hear it in the club, they just want to party to it...
- 50 Cent in Forbes
Right now the state of where we are at in hip-hop, it's different,50 Cent says. "I don't think they want the lyrics to be complex - they want it to be simple, catchy. The Southern-based artist can be credited (with) that, because they're...
- Carrie Underwood in Just Jared (blog)
As a songwriter I know we all aspire to write something that is catchy and has a message,Carrie told USA Today. "And I think the youth of America can learn a lot from Pants on the Ground. And they can pull their pants up : because it...