- n a structure in which water is collected (especially a natural drainage area)
- And unchecked development is eroding green areas critical to absorbing rainfall: a former catchment area in Kemang, South Jakarta, now an expat enclave, saw its worst flooding in .
- The systems divert water from streams and rivers and use it to run turbines without complex dams or catchment areas.
- The monsoon rains that inundated Jakarta in early February were exacerbated by the city's inability to control rampant overdevelopment, which critics say is eating up catchment .
News & Articles
- Wildlife series explores mountain lion research
CAGEY CAT: The stealthy mountain lion is rarely seen, but the Arizona Game and Fish Department captured this image of a big cat at a water catchment. Arizona Game & Fish Department
June 24, 2013 - Mohave Daily News
- Tony Pulis in Sportinglife.com
Pulis added: "That is vital for the football club. Traditionally this club has been very well supported and the chairman is absolutely convinced that this will start it all off again and those supporters will come back. We have a big catchment area...
- Kevin Rudd in Melbourne Herald Sun
We want every Australian home and its roof to be a personal water catchment area, maximising reuse and collection of rain water,Mr Rudd said in Brisbane.