- n a cry expressing disapproval
- v utter catcalls at
- During my annual visit to San Franciscos ballpark, I catcall the newly muscled Barry as he stands in the outfield.
- Hitler Youth Groups were at the churches to meet them, to jeer and catcall from outside while the Catholic pamphlet was being read from the pulpits.
- None do, though we get a catcall of "federal agent!," a reference to Conlon's snappy detective suit.
News & Articles
- Local news and sports reporting covering Niles, Dowagiac, Cassopolis, Edwardsburg, Cass County, Berrien County in ...
While sitting in my garden, taking a much-needed break, I heard a catbird singing its variety of tunes, up somewhere in one of my pines. I just sat there listening to its varied repetitious repertoire. And now and then, it threw in its mewing catcall, too.
June 10, 2013 - Niles Daily Star
- Sarah Silverman in Billboard
Oh my gosh, this makes a year of [catcall voice] 'I'mf*cking Matt Damon, too!' totally worth it,Silverman said. "Matt Damon, I'm going to be honest, had very little to do with this being popular. And the person for who this video was made,...
- Jesse Jackson in The Swamp - Chicago Tribune Blog (blog)
Discussing the same point in Washington, Jackson said, "We campaigned across the South . . . without a single catcall or boo. It was not until we got North to New York that we began to hear this from Koch, President Reagan and then Mrs. Ferraro . ....