catbird : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various birds of the Australian region whose males build ornamented structures resembling bowers in order to attract females
- n North American songbird whose call resembles a cat's mewing
- Harvard picks a new dean The post of dean of the faculty of arts and sciences at Harvard University is the academic equivalent of James Thurber's catbird seat.
- During his long career with Intel, the world's largest semiconductor company, Paul Otellini has had a catbird-seat view of the remarkable social and business changes wrought by .
- And right now, the Dems are in the catbird's seat -- the House can pass a stimulus bill that the GOP doesn't like, and if the GOP blocks it in the Senate (or Bush vetoes it and .
News & Articles
- StyleBistro STUFF: Catbird's Barely-There (But Not Boring) Studs
(Catbird) It's that time of year (read: HOT) where you want to see your jewelry without actually being able to feel it. Catbird's teensy emerald earrings provide adequate flash without weighing you down, and — bonus! — the delicate chains hooking the stones to the posts somehow make them sexier than your typical studs. (Catbird) You can buy them separately, too, in case you want to upgrade your ...
June 20, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Ray Tanner in Boston Herald
The fact that we're both here playing with four teams remaining, it's hard to get in this position and it's been done before,Tanner said. "We're proud of the baseball we play in this state. I know right now Clemson's in the catbird seat. ....
- Don Nelson in USA Today
They're in the catbird seat right now,Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "We've got a big problem as far as making the playoffs at this particular time. We're going to need a lot of luck and probably have to win out."
- Kent Desormeaux in ESPN
When the doors open,Desormeaux said, "I'm going to feel it. I don't know where I'm going to be. It's just one of those things. If they let me, I can lead the parade around there. I can catbird someone; whoever leads me to the first turn....