- n a person suffering from catalepsy
- a of or having characteristics of or affected with catalepsy
- Rahman Bey, fakir, recently submerged himself for an hour, asserted that he owed his life to his ability to fall into a cataleptic trance.
- Playwright Roffey may not know much about thrillers, but he certainly can throw a cataleptic trance.
- Whether or not Yogis can "induce cataleptic rigidity in a limb or in the whole body" is irrelevant here: it would require not even an "unbelievably strong" man to stiffen .