- n (Greek mythology) the wife of Cepheus and mother of Andromeda
- n a W-shaped constellation in the northern hemisphere near Polaris
News & Articles
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Whimpering Star
This NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope image shows the planetary nebula IC 289, located in the northern constellation of Cassiopeia. Formerly a star like our Sun, it is now just a cloud of ionised gas being pushed out into space by ...
July 9, 2013 - Wired News
- Fade Out | Space Wallpaper
This NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope space wallpaper shows the planetary nebula IC 289, located in the northern constellation of Cassiopeia.
July 9, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Alex Filippenko in Science Daily (press release)
This is an exciting result,said Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley, a supernova expert not affiliated with the study. "Cassiopeia A has been studied extensively with many telescopes over a wide range of wavelengths....
- Shiva Kumar in Hindu
We have been tracking Cygnus, Cassiopeia (supernova remnant stars) and, of course, sun and moon which are all good radio sources in their own right. We have been able to obtain signals from them and track them,Dr. Shiva Kumar said.
- Christine Lagarde in Financial Times
My hope is that [Cassiopeia] provides a bond market in Paris as attractive as others,said Christine Lagarde, French finance minister, yesterday in New York. "A lot of key players in France who did not use bonds before the crisis relied...