cassava : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant; the source of tapioca; a staple food in the tropics
- n cassava root eaten as a staple food after drying and leaching; source of tapioca
- n any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch
- But they are very good in Robertsport," says Brown, 13, as he peels his lunch of raw cassava in water from the Atlantic.
- She ate whatever Marie prepared, whether it was a stew of pounded cassava leaves or a soup of ground peanuts; but like all children, she loved sweets and would charm her mother .
- Also in the works are drought-tolerant, disease-defeating and vitamin-fortified forms of such crops as sorghum and cassavahardly staples in the West, but essentials elsewhere in .
News & Articles
- Spicy, zesty and hot
Henry Homeyer When I was a young man I lived in Africa and learned to love hot, spicy foods. In Cameroon, where I was a Peace Corps volunteer, the food was generally bland. Local folks ate ground corn, rice or cassava that was boiled up and only made interesting when served with a sauce made of leaves, spices and hot peppers — and very occasionally a little meat or fish. read more
June 25, 2013 - The Times Record
- Rachael Ray in Pocono Record
Even if you burn everything, even if it looks like charcoal briquettes or there's too much salt or if you brought a cassava melon home instead of a spaghetti squash, it doesn't matter because the effort was made,Ray said.
- Moses Blah in Africasia
I saw one incident with my own eyes. I visited a camp...... he roasted the hands of a human being, then ate them with boiled cassava,Blah said, in a testimony that also detailed a key link between Taylor and rebels in Sierra Leone's civil war.
- Jerry Seinfeld in Washington Post
We have already seen improvements in many regions, smart investments in cassava, sweet potatoes, legumes, rice and maize were helping farmers grow more in harsh conditions. Training and market access are also ensuring that farmers earn more for... Bill Gates http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhiL4PnOTr_44DUXzmMUNdgmAppg Hindustan Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindustantimes.com/Bill-Gates-praises-Indian-rice-that-can-withstand-flooding/H1-Article1-534835.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHAWmAv-et-uXuUw5iPFHwgJL8V_w Apr 23, 2010
15532 21599 casserole But the books came out at the same time. So this woman says, `I sense this could be my wacko moment.' So she comes out ...... and she accuses my wife. She says, `You stole my mushed-up carrots. You can't put mushed-up carrots in a casserole. I put...