- n a mountain range in the northwestern United States extending through Washington and Oregon and northern California; a part of the Coast Range
- n a small waterfall or series of small waterfalls
- n a succession of stages or operations or processes or units
- n a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
- v rush down in big quantities, like a cascade
- v arrange (open windows) on a computer desktop so that they overlap each other, with the title bars visible
- They lack even the "confinement" cascades built into other Soviet-era designs.
- Unlike Salaparuta, where all but a few of the villagers had time to flee, scores of people were crushed to death in cascades of masonry in such neighboring towns as Montevago .
- Beyond that, the water cascades another 20 m and creates a pool where the masses once washed.
News & Articles
- OSU-Cascades adds 'low-residency' writing degree
Oregon State University–Cascades’ newest graduate degree gives writers the opportunity to deepen their craft without having to relocate or give up a job.
June 13, 2013 - KTVZ Bend
- Cool Then Sun Then Thunderstorms
This evening there is some weak instability in the Cascades and further east meaning we could hear a little thunder, but once the sun sets the threat for thunderstorms goes with it. Tomorrow will be more of the same with a slight chance for thunder late in the afternoon and evening along and east of … Continue reading »
June 13, 2013 - NewsWatch 12 Medford - Klamath Falls
- U.S. Bank named Cascades Collegiate Conference's official bank
U.S. Bank will be the Official Bank of the Cascades Collegiate Conference in 2013-14 and 2014-15, conference Commissioner Rob Cashell announced. In addition, U.S.
June 12, 2013 - Salem Statesman Journal
- Sergey Lavrov in International Herald Tribune
We haven't got confirmation yet that they have actually begun uranium enrichment at the new cascadesof centrifuges, Lavrov told reporters.
- Mohamed ElBaradei in BBC News
We have seen a fairly slow development in commissioning new cascades,Mr ElBaradei said.
- Kevin Rudd in Ninemsn
Mr Rudd replied: "Well, as of July 1, if you went through the four thresholds, I think the high threshold kicks in I think at $175,000, then I think it cascades down the spectrum."