carve out :
- v establish or create through painstaking effort
- v remove from a larger whole
News & Articles
- Cincinnati looks to capitalize on alcohol tourism
Now business owners and history buffs in Cincinnati want Ohio's third-largest city to carve out its own niche in alcohol tourism by revitalizing a brewery district that hasn't thrived since before Prohibition.
June 23, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Following a Star, Kerry Applies Personal Touch
While his predecessor, Hillary Rodham Clinton, was a global celebrity, Secretary of State John Kerry is striving to carve out a legacy by taking on some of the world’s intractable problems.
June 22, 2013 - New York Times
- Wingate’s Pharmacy in Nashua to concentrate on compounding, no longer handle retail prescriptions
NASHUA – In a move Gary Wingate described as “kind of going back to the future,” fourth-generation Wingate’s Pharmacy has stopped selling retail prescriptions and will concentrate on making its own medicines through the process known as compounding. “For us to be around for another 113 years, we’d like to carve out the traditional pharmacy and emphasize the compound pharmacy,” Wingate said. “I ...
June 22, 2013 - The Nashua Telegraph