- n the quantity contained in a carton
- n a box made of cardboard; opens by flaps on top
- In Austria, a year ago, a carton of cigarets had been worth $100, and comfortable Vienna apartments had rented for two packs a month.
- Julian Vega was 17 and "as fragile as an egg in a carton" when Loughlin nailed him for the claw-hammer murder of a young doctor.
- She did purchase some canned food and a carton of milk--only to discover later that both containers were lined with plastic resin.
- Lance Armstrong in Seattle Times
In a statement sent to The Associated Press through his manager, seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong described Landis' claims as "a carton of sour milk: once you take the first sip, you don't have to drink the rest to know it has all gone...
- Gloria Estefan in Forbes
My grandmother would shanghai pilots at the Havana airport so they'd bring me cartons of mango baby food - the only kind I'd eat. I learned to eat peach later. And in every carton, she'd slip a Cuban record,Estefan said.
- Ernie Allen in Reuters
We've come a long way from just the milk carton,NCMEC President and Chief Executive Ernie Allen said in a phone interview, referring to a long-standing program where pictures of abducted children appear on the side of milk cartons in the...