- n an ancient city state on the north African coast near modern Tunis; founded by Phoenicians; destroyed and rebuilt by Romans; razed by Arabs in 697
News & Articles
- Carthage halts Miners' winning streak
Joplin entered its American Legion baseball game with visiting Carthage on Tuesday night with a seven-game winning streak.
June 19, 2013 - The Joplin Globe
- Carthage Public Library asking for help to name park
The Carthage Public Library is asking residents to name a park in the community.
June 18, 2013 - WGEM Quincy
- Carthage School Board OKs $45 million budget
A proposed budget that sets Carthage School District spending at $45.7 million for the fiscal year starting July 1 was approved by the Carthage School Board on Monday night. The budget represents an increase of almost 3.5 percent over spending in the current year’s budget. It also includes additional teaching positions and increases in staff pay, said Superintendent Blaine Henningson.
June 18, 2013 - The Joplin Globe
- Gary Nodler in Houston Chronicle
I wanted to try to provide some relief to the folks in Carthage,said sponsoring Sen. Gary Nodler, a Republican from nearby Joplin. "I would suppose there would be pretty broad support for this."
- Philip Humber in Pittsburgh Pirates News
Everyone was sitting in living room, listening on the Internet and when you hear Carthage, Texas, New York Mets, the tears are flowing,Humber said.
- Matt Blunt in MSNBC
The people of Carthage have endured terrible odors from the plant for too long,Blunt said.