carpenter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a woodworker who makes or repairs wooden objects
- v work as a carpenter
- In Buenos Aires lived a carpenter, and his name was Jos Vespaciano.
- His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family.
- Maybe I'll be a male carpenter.
News & Articles
- Carpenter to start 6th in Iowa Corn Indy 250
NEWTON, Iowa – Saturday at Iowa Speedway felt like a throwback for Ed Carpenter and his ECR/Fuzzy’s Vodka crew. Carpenter, whose racing career started in the midgets and sprint cars, bounced in and out of his No. 20 Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka Chevrolet as he did in his short track “bullring” days. ... Keep reading
June 23, 2013 - Motorsport.com
- Chris Carpenter to resume throwing
Righthander Chris Carpenter, who had been shut down with lower back stiffness after he locked up during a weight training session last Sunday, played some catch on Friday, including with his son, and has been cleared to resume bullpen throwing sessions.
June 22, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Carpenter Cup softball tournament kicks off Monday
The annual Phillies softball Carpenter Cup Classic will kick off Monday in Philadelphia. The Lehigh Valley and Berks/Lancaster-Lebanon teams will both play their openers at 11am at FDR Park. Lehigh Valley will face Philadelphia Catholic in round one. Berks/LL will face Tri-Cape.
June 21, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Tim Lincecum in Belleville News Democrat
The guys I was going up against, Wainwright and Carpenter, had tremendous seasons,Lincecum said in a conference call. "It was a lucky one for me. I'll take them as they come, I guess."
- David Carr in SportingNews.com
I have a lot of calluses,Carr said. "I'm like an old carpenter I've been through it. If you let that stuff affect you, you're not going to be able to do your job. One of the reasons I'm excited about coming here is they protect the...