- n hard yellowish to brownish wax from leaves of the carnauba palm used especially in floor waxes and polishes
- n Brazilian fan palm having an edible root; source of a useful leaf fiber and a brittle yellowish wax
- Industrially, carnauba wax is used mainly in floor, shoe and auto polishes, has no substitute.
- With a good superintendent on a salary or shares, a coffee, cacao, carnauba-wax plantation or cattle ranch can be made to pay for itself within six years.
- Since most of Brazil's 20 States, which figure in the world market only with such specialties as cocoa, Brazil nuts or carnauba wax (phonograph records), are merely so many .
News & Articles
- New From Lipstick Queen - Velvet Rope
Make-up brand Lipstick Queen has announced the launch of a new lipstick called Velvet Rope. The new edition, priced £35, is formulated with dense pigments that provide rich colour, with a lightweight texture that keeps lips hydrated, soft and supple. Natural waxes candelilla, carnauba and beeswax provide the structure to the stick while anti-oxidant vitamin E and moisturising apricot oil ensure ...
June 28, 2013 - StyleBistro