- n a native or inhabitant of Rio de Janeiro
- n music composed for dancing the carioca
- n a lively ballroom dance that resembles the samba
- PTI Correspondent Donald Newton arrived a half hour early, and took up his stand before a restaurant on the square, the Taverna Carioca.
- Instead of worrying about it, the carioca has invented a game called carioca roulette, in which he climbs into an elevator around shut-off time and takes his chances on making it .
- Expected to exclaim about the charms of the carioca moas, Mike could only grunt about the weather.
News & Articles
- Beyonce Performs Brazil's 'Ah Lelek Lek Lek' Dance
Ah Lelek Lek Lekhas been taking Brazil by storm. The funk carioca -- a sort of Brazilian electro funk -- track by the group MC Federado and Os Leleks has become Brazil's answer to America's twerking obsession and South Korea's "Gangnam Style" dance. Released in 2012, the "Passinho do Volante (Ah Lelek Lek Lek)" track gained more fuel after a homemade music video hit YouTube in January with an ...
Sept. 14, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Lutz Pfannenstiel in guardian.co.uk
All the teams have heavily invested. The Carioca Championship will be a reference point for the whole year. It will be a great state-wide tournament, especially because Flamengo has the opportunity to tie Fluminense for the number of titles won.... Joel Santana http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Santana&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdf2_bcblBMCCN8ITKgajKmMwaaw Xinhua http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-12/31/content_7342812.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHSnT0I-KuR-PEDy8aqDbhjYk6tgw Dec 30, 2007
15246 21104 carioca The league system in Brazil is completely different from Europe," says Lutz. "From January till May every year the highest leagues are seperated in diferent areas, eg Campeonato Carioca, Paulista, Catarinense, Gaucho etc. I am playing in the...