- n a keel-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere; contains the start Canopus
- n any of various keel-shaped structures or ridges such as that on the breastbone of a bird or that formed by the fused petals of a pea blossom
- In Rome, Premier Mussolini heard of his daughter's bravery, exclaimed affectionately "La mia carina" (my little darling) and jumped into his racing car which he himself piloted .
- After dissecting a trophy, Maturin triumphantly announces, "In the frigate-bird the symphysis of the furcula coalesces with the carina and the upper end of each ramus with the .
- Chris Huhne in The Guardian
Before the papers went to press on Saturday night, Huhne issued a statement saying: "I am in a serious relationship with Carina Trimingham and I am separating from my wife."