careworn : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering
looking careworn as she bent over her mending
- Amidst a happy spring of comicbooks and kite-flying, young Jon suffers a tragedy that turns him into an instant adult careworn and guilt-ridden.
- So the Age of Aquarius gets an extraordinary first edition, all about the trials of this manly little chap, just 16 years old, who supports his careworn mother and stands up to a .
- It's a serious, stern, responsible deed, To help an unfortunate soul in need, And your one reward, when you quiet his plaint, Is to feel like an opulent, careworn saint.
News & Articles
- CPS building repurposing committee faces large task
The letters on Crispus Attucks Elementary School’s sign have fallen off the brick, making it look like a scramble-board puzzle. The shuttered building is careworn. Most of the windows are boarded up. There’s graffiti. Attucks, at 38th and Dearborn, closed in 2008. It’s in the middle of open tracts of grassy land. This corridor was once home to thousands of public housing families. They are gone ...
Sept. 27, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- Gideon Haigh in The Age
Ranji once spoke of players who 'went grey in the service of the game',Haigh writes. "Tavare, slim, round-shouldered, with a faint moustache, looked careworn and world-weary from the moment he graduated to international cricket."