- a marked by lack of attention or consideration or forethought or thoroughness; not careful
careless about her clothes
forgotten by some careless person
a careless housekeeper
it was a careless mistake
hurt by a careless remark
- s effortless and unstudied
an impression of careless elegance
danced with careless grace
- s (usually followed by `of') without due thought or consideration
careless of the consequences
- When her careless dog sitter (Piper Perabo) takers Chloe to Mexico, the pooch is kidnapped by a dog-fighting ring.
- After businesses complained about their reputation getting trashed by careless reviews, this spring the site began allowing proprietors to e-mail reviewers directly, make instant .
- After being touted as the best of America--talented, free-spirited and confident--he left Italy as that other type: reckless, careless and cocky.
- David Ortiz in Washington Post
I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter . . . but I never buy steroids or use steroids,Ortiz said Saturday afternoon at a news conference at Yankee Stadium before...
- Timothy Geithner in FOXNews
As to his failure to pay the payroll taxes from 2001 to 2004 while he worked for the International Monetary Fund, Geithner said: "These were careless mistakes. They were avoidable mistakes."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
In the final days of campaigns, the say-anything, do- anything politics too often takes over,Obama said. "We've seen it before and we are seeing it again -- ugly phone calls, misleading mail, misleading TV ads, careless, outrageous...