- n a room for gambling on card games
- But as Holden, a British literary critic, reached the Golden Nugget's cardroom, he remembered the gambler's formula for chump detection: "If you can't spot the sucker in your first .
- This time it was Bush who produced the printed sheet of specifics almost as soon as he and Gorbachev sat down in the book-lined cardroom of the Soviet cruise liner Maxim Gorky.
- William Selden Miles, 78, a jovial little Negro, is captain in charge of the cardroom caf at Manhattan's arch-Republican Union League Club.
News & Articles
- Cardroom tax looks to be headed to Marina ballot
The Marina City Council on Tuesday is expected to formally put a 5 percent cardroom tax on the Nov. 5 ballot. The council settled on the proposed tax rate at its June 25 meeting and will consider approving final moves to put the measure on the ballot.
July 9, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Bill Lockyer in Sacramento Business Journal
The past eight years have seen a rapid expansion of tribal casinos, Internet gambling and electronic games, and consolidation in California's horse-racing and cardroom industries,Lockyer said. "These changes present significant challenges...