- n a person who holds a credit card or debit card
- n a player who holds a card or cards in a card game
- This new PASS card will have a radio antenna embedded into the plastic that transmits a code unique to the cardholder.
- A company can go to court to collect that $50 maximum from the cardholder only if it had previously advised him of his liability and provided a self-addressed prestamped notice .
- But consumers are rarely left holding the bag (beyond the cardholder's typical $50 maximum liability, and some card issuers don't even charge that).
News & Articles
- Monmouth County courses open to all golfers for a fee
By ANDREW SWEENEY Staff Writer The 2013 golf season is open to all residents and nonresidents in Monmouth County, with eight unique courses to choose from. “On average, there are over 18,000 cardholders each year,” said Karen Livingstone, public information officer with the Monmouth County Park System. read more
June 12, 2013 - Suburban
- PCI London 2013: Cardholder Data Discovery Critical to Mitigating a Data Breach
LONDON, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 2, merchants, payment service providers, and card schemes will convene for the PCI London 2013 regional forum to discuss the latest strategies for protecting customer cardholder data and meeting PCI DSS compliance requirements. A...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Datacard Group Continues to Expand its Desktop System Portfolio with New Datacard® CE840™ Instant Issuance System
MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Datacard Group Announces New Datacard® CE840™ Instant Issuance System, Whic Gives Organizations the Ability to Issue Cards On-Demand – Increasing Cardholder Engagement and Convenience
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Bob Carr in MarketWatch (press release)
There has been much talk in the payments industry about security solutions, and many have questioned how actively owners of small and mid-sized businesses would be willing to participate in the movement to secure cardholder data,said Bob...
- Benigno Aquino III in Manila Standard Today
We will go beyond ensuring that each Filipino has a PhilHealth card,Aquino said. "Universal health care should mean that every PhilHealth cardholder will get not merely the card. More important are the essential health services, basic...
- Darrell McGraw in Consumer Affairs
Consumers must read every bit of fine print in credit card solicitations and cardholder agreements,McGraw said. "Many companies advertise low fixed rates for the life of the balance but only disclose in fine print that this is true only so...