- n a headlike protuberance on an organ or structure
the caput humeri is the head of the humerus which fits into a cavity in the scapula
- n the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals; contains the face and brains
- Itaque se inclinans caput in foramen introduxit et clamavit: 'Heus, ecquis domi est?' Fuit intus rumor quidam sternutamenti similis et deinde denuo.
- Hence the peculiarly airless and circular way in which New York City defined itself from about 1965 on as the cultural caput mundi, pulling all talent into its gravitational field .
- Rick Steves in CNN International
For instance, Steves said, "If your car is broken down in Portugal, point to your vehicle and say 'Auto caput.' If you're trying to make a reservation for a hotel and you're on the telephone and you don't have the help of visual aids, you clarify...