- n king of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him; on the death of Edmund II, Canute became king of all England (994-1035)
News & Articles
- India’s Problem Is Exports, Not the Rupee
King Canute had it easy. Indian Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram has battled currency markets for two months, trying to stem the collapse of the Indian rupee from 55 to a dollar in May to 65 this week. He has found commanding currency markets even harder than commanding the ocean waves.
Aug. 22, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Vince Cable in Australia.TO
Mr Cable added that the only alternative view was that Mr Brown genuinely believed - "a little bit like King Canute ordering the tides" - he could bring down oil prices.
- Sammy Wilson in RushPRnews.com (press release)
Resources should be used to adapt to the consequences of climate change, rather than King Canute-style vainly trying to stop it,Wilson says. "The tactics used by the 'green gang' in Britain is to label anyone who dares disagree with their...
- St Ambrose in BlueGoldNews.com
It's great to have Canute returning to Towson,Coach Ambrose added. "He has family ties to Baltimore and he got a taste of what this program is all about. Canute shares our vision for the future of this program."