canton : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a city on the Zhu Jiang delta in southern China; the capital of Guangdong province and a major deep-water port
- n a small administrative division of a country
- v provide housing for (military personnel)
- v divide into cantons, of a country
News & Articles
- Canton loses to Johnsonburg
The Johnsonburg Rams scored five runs in the 6th inning off Canton pitching to win the “A” state baseball championship...
June 15, 2013 - WNEP 16 Pennsylvania
- Canton Food Bank Seeking Donations Of Fresh Produce
The Canton Food Bank has announced that is accepting donations of fresh produce now that the growing season has begun to supplement the non-perishable food it provides to needy families in town.
June 14, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Canton police seek bank robbery suspect
Canton police detectives are searching for a man who stole cash Thursday from a bank inside a grocery store.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Darrell Green in 940 News
I looked forward to the day we are going to Canton,Green said, breaking up with emotion. "Hopefully, there are several hundred thousand hotels there, and several hundred thousand tickets."
- Joe Banner in Press of Atlantic City
The last time we did a contract right before a game in preseason was the Hall of Fame game (in Canton, Ohio in 2006) when we signed (safety) Brian Dawkins (to a two-year extension),Banner said. "We think of him as a Hall of Fame-caliber...