- n an Old Testament book consisting of a collection of love poems traditionally attributed to Solomon but actually written much later
- n a hymn derived from the Bible
- La Commedia is composed of three colossal canticles: I'lnferno, il Purgatorio, il Paradiso.
- While discarding a number of sentimental Victorian horrors, the hymnal ecumenically includes several Roman Catholic canticles based on plain chant, along with hymns borrowed from .
- Surrounding this and other subplots are a series of stunning poems, or canticles, which the church later gave Latin names like the Magnificat and the Benedictus.
News & Articles
- Saratoga Choral Festival remembers the late Dave Brubeck in special concert
SARATOGA SPRINGS — The 13th annual Saratoga Choral Festival has been rehearsing all month for its big event — a 3 p.m. concert Sunday in the Spa Little Theater that will feature the choral music of jazz legend Dave Brubeck. The performance will include the popular “Pange Lingua Variations” and the unpublished “Canticles of Mary.”
July 24, 2013 - The Troy Record