canola : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n vegetable oil made from rapeseed; it is high in monounsaturated fatty acids
- Recipe by Eric Ripert, Le Bernadin, New York City Serves: 4 Ingredients: FOR THE BEANS 3 tablespoons canola oil 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and .
- If you want a neutral-tasting oil, use expeller-pressed organic canola oil.
- Certain canola, cottonseed, sunflower and corn oils could substitute for hydrogenated oils.
News & Articles
• Tucson Tamale Co.'s masa is not yet entirely GMO-free as reported in "What's in your food" on Page 20 of Thursday's Caliente. The restaurant uses GMO-free corn, however the canola oil currently used in the masa is not GMO-free. The restaurant had already ordered a GMO-free safflower oil and hopes to have GMO-free masa in the next two to three weeks. Also, there is no estimate of how much of ...
June 21, 2013 - Arizona Daily Star
- BioExx Receives Notices of Allowance for Two U.S. Protein Patent Applications
BioExx Specialty Proteins Ltd. , today announced that it has received two Notices of Allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for two separate patent applications related to its canola ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Commercial-free TV could cut snacking; sucralose studied
Scientists find that linoleic acid, the omega-6 essential fatty acid found in vegetable oils such as soy, corn and canola, may help to reduce blood cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease.
June 18, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Gerry Ritz in CTV.ca
He added there is "still a lot of work left to do before canola trade with China is fully normalized." "Today's agreement is securing the conditions to export the 2010 crop year, and we will continue to find a long-term solution to this...
- Dennis Miller in New York Times
I'm debating between spring wheat, durum wheat, canola, malting barley, confection sunflowers, oil sunflowers, soybeans, flax and corn,Mr. Miller said.
- Peter Van Loan in Alberta Express
While we are pleased with the progress on this issue, it will be raised again at every opportunity to ensure our canola producers gain long-term access to the Chinese market,Van Loan said.