- n a factory where food is canned
- FBI men this week descended on San Pedro's Terminal Island, rounded up some 400 alien Japanese fishermen and cannery workers who live right in the middle of one of the Navy's big .
- The son of a plantation laborer, Ruddy earned his way through the University of Hawaii by working as a cannery yardboy and cook, and tending chickens on the university poultry farm.
- The first step was into American Samoa, where the company based a fishing fleet and built a cannery.
News & Articles
- Startup business owners pitch ideas at conference
At the first ever Southland Conference at the Cannery Ballroom, startup business owners had to make a grand impression to potential investors.
June 13, 2013 - WSMV Nashville
- Lettuce to Play a Couple of STS9 and Umphrey’s McGee Aftershows, Other Dates Revealed
Lettuce will perform at a pair of post-STS9 and Umphrey’s McGee parties in Nashville and Atlanta later this summer. The band will play at the Cannery Ballroom in Nashville on August 23 following STS9 and Umphrey’s McGee’s joint show at Riverfront Park. The next night, Lettuce will take the stage at Terminal West at King Plow in Atlanta after the STS9 and Umphrey’s McGee show at the Verizon ...
June 12, 2013 - Jambands.com
- Name dropper
Michael Bekker of Cannery Row Co. was elected chairman of the board for the Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce for 2013-2014.
June 8, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Dianne Feinstein in Los Angeles Times
The 10-year extension of the Drakes Bay Oyster Company's lease will preserve 30 jobs at the last remaining oyster farm cannery on the West Coast while making sure that the ecology of the estuary is protected,Feinstein said in a written...
- James Packer in International Herald Tribune
They "have created first-class locals properties located in markets with attractive, long-term growth prospects," Packer said. "Crown's skills and experience in operating successful locals casinos will enable us to grow the Cannery Casino...
- Christopher Edley in Los Angeles Times
Political reality and good social policy tell you it doesn't make sense to ask a cannery worker in Fresno to subsidize the education of students who are going to go off and make these salaries,Edley said.