- n a dense growth of cane (especially giant cane)
- Anti-Borno politicos seized upon this strike to spread the gospel of unrest through the canebrake country.
- Stealing out of the canebrake, Southern Congressmen pushed through a bill to allow cotton growers to sow 1,200,000 more acres of this already too plentiful crop, with guarantees .
- Their prim five-finger exercises never could curb her habit of cutting loose in shoulder-shaking, canebrake improvisations (Dorothy finally wore out one piano).
News & Articles
- Library event will be ‘recipe for fun’
The Marengo County Historical Society will host a Cookin’ in the Canebrake Recipe Party on Tuesday, July 16, at 6 p.m. at the Demopolis Public Library.
July 3, 2013 - The Demopolis Times