camshaft : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n has cams attached to it
- On the engine they install a high-compression cylinder head, a dual manifold and a special camshaft.
- Ever since he was old enough to tell a camshaft from a drive shaft, Johnny has been driving autos, preferably fast ones.
- It has no crankshaft, camshafts, cylinder heads, connecting rod bearings, valves or valve gears.
News & Articles
- A Red Hot Connection
The composite camshaft is still gaining ground in the marketplace. The main reason for this is the considerable weight reduction it brings, compared to its one-piece rival. The composite version is by now also widely used in the HGV sector. However, the main disadvantage of many current assembly processes is the high joining force applied, which creates unacceptable tolerances in positioning and ...
June 10, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Steve Addington in Motorsport.com
Right now, it could be a lifter or a valve spring,Addington said. "We don't know. It ran long enough and just pushed the thrust out of the camshaft and it's leaking oil so we're done. Mark Cronquist (head engine builder at JGR) and his...
- Garth Tander in Herald Sun
We have the control camshaft, but I am not too worried about that,Tander said. "I am not too worried about the strategy either because it is the same for everyone and we will all be using the soft tyres in the same race. We will have to...