- n (Greek mythology) the Muse of epic poetry
- n a musical instrument consisting of a series of steam whistles played from a keyboard
- The Communist calliope swung into high.
- One thing he lacked: a picture of the Glen Cove, first Sound steamer to be equipped with a steam calliope for the entertainment of the passengers.
- The Thing had an inexorable calliope-style tune, utterly undistinguished and not even new.
News & Articles
- Dessert delights downtown crowds
Maurice Finkel’s calliope could be heard from blocks away Friday during Shelby Senior Services 28th annual Strawberry Festival. A crowd of people flocked to Public Square, where the scent of barbeque and a warm breeze accompanied smiling faces of all ages.
June 16, 2013 - The Shelbyville News
- Shonda Rhimes in Show Patrol (blog)
Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian. Clearly it's not an issue as we have a lesbian character on the show-Calliope Torres,Rhimes said.
- Jerry Abramson in Louisville Courier-Journal
One of the great rites of spring in Louisville is hearing the Delta Queen and the Belle of Louisville chug it out on the Ohio River,said Mayor Jerry Abramson. "But, unfortunately, the Queen's great calliope is being silenced."